View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:22 AM   #20
Norway
ninjette.org member

Name: S n 0 r r £
Location: Stjoerdal, Norway (San Diego, CA, USA, 2015-2016 , Bielefeld, Nordrhein Westfalen,Germany 2021-'22)

Motorcycle(s): TMZ 5.952 "Tula" 200, Ninja 250 -Special ed. '11, ZZR 1400 (ZX14), Honda CB 1100 F Super Bol D'or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway View Post
Hi

I have been in San Diego for about two weeks, and need to buy a family car (before a bike).
Thinking about a 15 year old Toyota Sienna. Would you normally take a used car like that to an independent mechanic when considering to buy it?
Any recommendations? Thanks..
I'm about to buy a Toyota Sequoia, 2003. The out of the door price is about 7700 USD, from the Toyota dealership.
I have been offered a vehicle service ontract (UnitedAuto Care) for 2300 USD, lasting for 24 months. I aim at sellling the car in June 2016, but such a deal was said to be transferrable. From what i understood, it will cover many major repairs (engine, transmission, wheel drives, steering, suspension, brakes, seals and gaskets) , should they be needed, for an additional USD 100 per workshop visit.
If I use the car for 10 months, money from the remaining period (14 months) may be returned to me.

Do you think it would be a good idea to make such a deal, or would you just
take the car without such a deal, drive away and "hope for the best".
I'm aware that important facts may be missing here, but some of you might have heard about similar arrangements.
Thanks for any advice.
Norway is offline   Reply With Quote