View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2019, 07:48 AM   #5
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdad View Post
Just remember the insurance company needs to make you "whole". They'll probably want to replace the exhaust with stock, but that's not what you had. I'd print up any listings for a muzzy that you may come across, regardless of price and location in case you need it to establish a replacement COST (as opposed to value) since you can't just order a new one from a shop.

8 years ago my family and my parents lost our homes to a wildfire the same night. I handled our claim and my parents as well since they were retired. I called 4-5 times per week on EACH claim and the runaround they gave me would make your head spin. It truly became a part-time job for me. Our claims were settled pretty "quickly", we were paid out in exactly 14 months to the day.

It's you verses them protecting their pocket, just no nice way to sugarcoat it. My advice: don't let them bully you around and stay persistent.
Thank you so much! Being a female I also feel like I have to be double pushy and guarded lol. So far they’ve been very nice but they’ve not yet talked figured so there isn’t any need to get ugly. I’m sure things could change once they give me their price vs the shops price. I will take heed when it comes to everything you guys have said. Yeah, I don’t want a stock exhaust, one of the reasons I love my bike so much is that I got it at an excellent price and the exhaust was professionally installed by a reputable company. I found a listing for a new one just like mine and it’s about $500 alone. Plus we all know that the upper headlight fairing will have to be ordered from Kawasaki and that alone is gonna be costly. Not to mention the clutch, the forks I suspect are messed up as the bike now feels out of alignment slightly. Not sure if it’s the forks or handlebar damage. But that’s why I’m taking it to professionals not some fly-by-night that owns a garage I’m taking it to the Honda/Suzuki dealership down from my house they said they do in fact work on Kawasaki. And they are certified mechanics. My dear “Lucy” has been so good to me, I want her to have the best in return. It’s funny, when the lady walked into the building where I work to inform me she knocked my bike over by backing into it, I was immediately upset but didn’t say anything. However when I came outside and seen my bike laying on the ground I ripped the gloves off my hand (I’m a nurse) and slammed them down on the concrete in the parking lot. I heard a supervisor say “AJ don’t throw the gloves down in the parking lot, I know you’re upset but....”.
I turned around and gave her a look. But wanted to say “F-YOU!”. Even the cop who did the police report acted like I was wasting his time because it was a motorcycle! Feel like I would’ve gotten more respect had it been my Expedition. People don’t understand the relationship that develops between motorcycle and rider. I’m sure you all know where I’m coming from. Again, thanks so much, you have alleviated a lot of my anxieties for sure!