View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2021, 05:12 AM   #20
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes most of the time when a person says they pulled the carbs and cleaned them all they did was clean the float bowl..... the float bowl isn't the problem guys its the passageways in the carburetors !!!! and to get to those passageways you have to disassemble the entire carburetor !
take everything off that can come off drill out and remove the airscrew caps
and remove the airscrews and all the tiny goodies in there... and THEN use your carb cleaner in every hole ! and then use a small wire and clean the emulsifier tube main jet and idle jet too... and don't for get Those passageways as well.... then re assemble the things without loosing any pieces, "o"rings or tiny washers on the air screw... and assemble it in the right order....
if that is too much for you to handle, pack them up and send them to Ducattiman
back in the 1970's it was rare if you had a jet passage way plugged, but now days it is very, very common, the passage ways are much smaller and dirt in the fuel more prevalent...
I had a XS650 Yamaha that I had to clean the carburetors 3 times before I finally found the obstruction.... it was in the fuel bowl ! Yes they sometimes put small passage ways in them too !!! and I've been into bikes all my life
yet that one threw me for a loop !
letting a bike set for more than 3 months and you can have carb isues.
letting it set for 9 months and it's guaranteed, a year or more and it will not run till you clean them..... fuel goes bad in 2 months or so they say
so a fuel stabilizer is needed.... they used to put it in all fuel, but now days you have to pay extra for it..... isn't progress fun ?
....my 2 coppers !
Bob.......