Thread: Turbo install
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2015, 02:47 AM   #43
swarfman64
Master modder

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): TURBO gpx250 99 CB250/500rs Sherco290 Trials Indian 1911big base (replica)

OK, put a pressure gauge between the head and the turbo, I'm a little surprised at the result, I still cant operate through a large range but NO pressure in the exhaust manifold. I even took the gauge back out and tested it again. At up to 6000 rpm and 9 psi there is no pressure. strange! I tested my fuel pressure while I was at it and its 400 kpa, should be ok for now. removed air cleaner and pipe just uncase it was restricting and causing surge, re-mapped crazy rich but still intake flutter and like pulling a brake on over 6000 rpm. Could it be that the turbo is too small and the compressor side is maxed out and in the surge area and because it happens at part throttle this is happening before any exhaust pressure can build up (due to low throttle opening). I wonder if I could open the throttle if I would see a massive exhaust pressure.