View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2015, 08:02 AM   #44
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarfman64 View Post
OK, put a pressure gauge between the head and the turbo, I'm a little surprised at the result, I still cant operate through a large range but NO pressure in the exhaust manifold. I even took the gauge back out and tested it again. At up to 6000 rpm and 9 psi there is no pressure. strange! I tested my fuel pressure while I was at it and its 400 kpa, should be ok for now. removed air cleaner and pipe just uncase it was restricting and causing surge, re-mapped crazy rich but still intake flutter and like pulling a brake on over 6000 rpm. Could it be that the turbo is too small and the compressor side is maxed out and in the surge area and because it happens at part throttle this is happening before any exhaust pressure can build up (due to low throttle opening). I wonder if I could open the throttle if I would see a massive exhaust pressure.
That is weird! I know my bike is fine cruising even with small boost pressures, like 2-4psi no problem.

that 400kpa fuel pressure (58psi) do you have that set on a 1:1 regulator or is that a solid 400kpa all the time? I'm running a base pressure of 44psi and running a 1:1 so I'm getting 56psi of fuel pressure with 12psi of boost.

I say give it a quick WOT pull in one gear and see what it does! These motors are very forgiving! I did quite a few pulls with the wastegate disconnected and say 26psi each time and she held up just fine! lol

On a good note with my turbo setup I was comparing the turbo 250 to a stock ninja 300 dyno chart, at 7,000rpm I'm making 17hp and 10ft lbs more than the 300 lol....

Dont give up! Keep up the good work, well sort these things out!

What are you using to data log by the way?
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote