View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #1
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

High Idle RPM...

hmm... i have a new issue with my bike, as of yesterday afternoon.

i drove back to work from lunch without any issues yesterday, but then when i started her up after work the bike's idle jumped up to 3k rpm. i tried loosening up the idle screw completely, and it only dropped down to 2.5k, but then it goes back up, and drops down between 2.5~3k rpm.

even letting the clutch go and holding in the breaks to try and slow the engine down manually did nothing, as soon as i went back to neutral, or pulled in the clutch the idle just rose back up to 3k rpm.

i was too tired to take the bike apart last night, but i might do it tonight. first and simplest test i will do is to put in the original CDI and see if that solves the issue. if not, then im gonna dig deeper into the bike and see if something is messing the carbs up. it could be that i don't have enough slack on the throttle cable, which would be a nice easy fix

has anyone else had to tackle this issue?

cheers,
W.