Thread: Leathers
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #6
2WheelGuy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

I've only owned one-piece suits. I wear them on the track only. I've got lighter gear for the street. If I were to get a double-duty suit I would go for a two-piece design.

I personally don't like the humps. They were originally put on to aid aerodynamics but are more of a Bling item. Most of the time they are just additional bulk that just gets in the way. Some unzip to allow you to fill them with ice which could be nice for a hot race. Most off-the-rack suits come with humps these days so you don't have much choice in the matter.

Before you go suit shopping pick out a good back protector and take it with you when you try on suits. Most European sized suits will only fit the average American WITHOUT a back protector on. Make sure the suit you pick fits with a back protector.

Suits will stretch a little with wear but not much. I'd rather wear a snug suit than a loose one. I find off-the-rack suits difficult to zip and I am not a big guy. Just make sure it isn't so snug that it restricts your movement or breathing. Look for suits with lots of stretch panels if you are a difficult to fit size. Arlen Ness suits are good this way.
AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote