View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2017, 06:48 AM   #10
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
on a somewhat unrelated note, i bought another old bike lol

won't make a thread for this one. It's a 1974 Kawasaki G4TR 100. Little 2 stroke 100.

It's really neat. Originally it would have had street stuff, lights signals ect... but at some point someone gutted all electronics other than ones necessary for it to run. Fine by me, i want it for vintage cross country racing. You need a bike 74 or 75 and older to race in the true vintage classes. So this is my ticket in.

Neat bike, has oil injection, has a High/Low range selector. So it essentially has 10 gears. 5 high and 5 low. I won't have any use for the high range as it was more for riding on the street so ill leave the selector cable and switch off and just leave it in low range.

Has a rotary disc valve system which is interesting.

It's already almost completely apart, replacing some engine seals and gaskets as it was burning oil bad, clutch was slipping, putting new tires on it, need to replace cushions for rear cush drive, they were dust. Other than that, grind some rust and paint, polish some chrome and give her hell at the races, should be fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170326_154720 (1).jpg (151.1 KB, 3 views)

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.