Old October 20th, 2017, 05:45 PM   #25
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
I would have kept it if it was financially feasible at the time.

I have owned enough and sold enough bikes and other stuff over the years that most everything is easy come easy go even when i put work into it. Plus it doesn't hurt that i typically use some of the money to buy something else Not to mention i have another project bike i don't ever intend on selling and it has been a project for a few years now. When i sell stuff i tend to throw some $ at that project to keep it moving at least.

When i picked it up i was planning on fixing it up to race but i got laid off shortly after i had picked it up and decided i would fix it up and sell it to make a little $ and i had the time to put into it lol

After i fixed it up it ran really well but i was a little disappointed with the power, guess i forgot how much the 2 strokes advanced from late 80s - late 90s especially in the HP department. It was fun to ride but wasn't exactly what i was looking for in the end.

As much as i like dirt bikes i really only need 3. A modern bike that is my primary ride and my competitive bike for fun and racing normal races. A vintage bike for vintage race series and a post vintage/early modern bike for the post vintage races I have all three of those so anything else is just taking up space i don't really have. If i am riding for fun i typically want to be on my modern bike to get the best out of the ride and push the envelope and get better so i wouldn't ride other bikes very much if they were sitting around.

Might put the cr500 up for sale soon mainly because i'm scared it is gonna break down again and i am going to have to put more $$$ into it Kinda just wanna get rid of it before then lol . I have just had some really bad luck with it. I just rebuilt the entire engine last month (for the 2nd time) so it should be good to go but again, i have had bad luck with it
preach
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote