View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #21
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadh92 View Post
....Closest store to me didn't have Seafoam, so I just grabbed some Stabil.
Any AutoZone, Advanced Auto, O'Reilly's or Walmart has Seafoam. Which Stabil did you use? One is a stabilizer and the other a stabilizer/cleaner ethanol treatment.

Quote:
....My idle wasn't fluctuating too bad today, actually. It sat around 2,500rpm (where I left it last) pretty smoothly. Sometimes it would sit at 2,500 no problem, and a few seconds later it might be fluctuating +-100rpm, but not much at all. Once I had it warmed up and back in my driveway (in neutral), I would rev it up to ~6,000 rpm and then close the throttle. When the tach came back down, it would drop to about 1,400RPM and then slowly rise up to 2,500RPM over the next 15-20 seconds. That's with the choke closed. It didn't sound like it was about to die or anything though. Throttle reactions were quick and not sporadic or abnormal by any means.
You should have set the idle where it came back down to and was steady.

Quote:
....If there's a group of us in Charlotte, do you guys meet up often? I'd be up for one and maybe you guys can get a better idea of what my problem might be by hearing/riding the bike.
It's not a group, but a few of us will hook up and ride whenever. I think Old Guy on a '08 (Chris) is riding on Monday and I was riding on Friday. We may find a day to hook up. BTW, say hello over in the New Member Section.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote