View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2017, 04:19 PM   #8
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

I was riding near Bear Mtn in NY and came over a rise and 2 or 3 cars and a few bikers were standing by the side of the road. A guy had driven his car off the other side of the road and was stuck.

He was in the car and was acting odd. People were trying to help him get his car unstuck. Eventually by pushing they got him unstuck and back on the road and instead of saying thanks or stopping to check out his car to see if there was damage he just took off.

It was a weird scene with the people that just helped the guy just standing around wondering wtf just happened. So I jumped back on my bike and a few miles down the road the same guy was pulled over with a flat. This time I didn't stop because 1. **** that guy and 2. he was acting odd and I thought maybe he was drunk and that's why he took off. It was a pretty heavily patrolled area so I figured he wasn't going anywhere and with any amount of luck a trooper or park ranger would happen on the guy.

So back to the video at hand. If it was me and I didn't know the guy and he took off like that after I tried to stop him then that's on him. I'd probably call the cops and tell them that a dude on a red panigale license plate XYZ just dropped his bike, didn't seem like he was in his right mind, and took off heading southbound on ABC road.

While a bike presents less danger than a car 600lbs of metal and meat is really going to ruin your day if he t-bones somebody at 75mph. That's more than enough energy to kill somebody in a car never mind a pedestrian or a bicyclist.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.