View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #5
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I'm going with 140 rear as well. It's also a front/rear balance issue and 150 rear always out-grips a 110 such that front-end will always slide first; very scary! I pre-ordered a set last month, hopefully here before next round for testing.
So you are saying that you have been sliding the front on corner exit? Because that's the only time that the balance scenario would possibly come in to play.

I'm not so sure that the 140 is going to be any better for you as the 150 profile is pinched on a 250 rim, so its contact patch isn't as good the 140 at full lean.

I ran an entire season on (6 three hour endurance races) on one set of Motoamerica A-13 takeoffs. Never slid the front on corner exit. I did slide the front on corner entry a handful of times though. I used a 300 Ninja rear wheel so the 150 profile was about as good as it was going to get. Only time I slid the rear was in damp patches on a drying track on corner exit.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote