View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Olie
New Old Guy

Name: Olie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Yeah, I tried that too. Because I've had the tank form a vacuum on the road a few times I am always quick to try that.

Yesterday I ran it again and it ran fine for 30+ minutes until I played with the throttle cables. Like before, it died and refused to stay running again. Several minutes later after playing with the idle speed I finally got it to start and stay running again. It didn't run well and would die if I put the idle speed back down unless I slowly lowered it as the speed increased, as if it were burning out something bad.

I think it's really strange that it would run fine and let me blip the throttle a week ago and then run like crap now. I did notice a huge puddle of water around the fuel door when I opened it and I am beginning to suspect the gas. It's stabilized but old gas and perhaps stabilization finally failed when I drained and refilled the tank with it the other day. Next I'll try new gas and Seafoam just in case.
When I tore my carbs apart, I found the seafoam didn't clean them very well. Good old carb cleaner did the trick. I pulled mine apart simply because the bike was a 2011 and only had 1100 miles on it. I was surprised at how much gunk was in them. SO, you might want to pull your carbs and give them a cleaning, they'll love you for it!
Olie is offline   Reply With Quote