Old April 10th, 2024, 01:09 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel57 View Post
What’s up guys, I was taking my bike for my first spin around the neighborhood and when I shifted from second down to first with the clutch in the bike just died on me. Happened 2 times on my ride of about 15 minutes. When trying to start back up there was a good bit of smoke from the crank case breather. Could this be user error?
Exactly when did the engine stop running? Was it it when you first pulled in the clutch lever, or when you let it back out? The problem could be related to the safety switches. Are you sure the side stand was fully retracted? If it bounced down and released that switch button, then letting out the clutch could kill spark.

Quote:
I am a new rider. I am also realizing that the coolant is not cycling through the system, can it be over heating?
If coolant is not circulating, then yes, it could be overheating. How do you know it's not circulating? It circulates only when the thermostat is open. Did you watch it though a cycle of the thermostat opening and closing again? What does the temperature gauge read while you're riding?
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote