View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #12
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
@ForceofWill

I have some questions for you. I installed a 35w 4500k hid kit into my pregen. I managed to get rid of 85% of the glare using vinyl, and since I got the hi/low version with a solenoid, I have a high beam and low beam. But I still am mot satisfied and I think it has too much glare off to the sides.

When I put my hid bulb into my headlight, I took a look into the headlight. I have enough space for a projector if I use the 4 holes in the projector to bolt it straight to the OEM reflector. This is where my questions begin.

1. For aiming your headlight, the whole reflector (or mounting plate in your case) moves to aim the bulb right? So I can aim the projector wherever it needs to be aimed right? I don't want to only have one chance to aim it right when I install it.

2. what bulb do you use with a projector? A D2S? I have a hi/low right now. Its a d2s bulb (i think) on a solenoid that moves back and forth to take advantage of the different parts of the reflector, just like the halogen does with the different filaments. I can talk to ddm and get a different bulb to plug into my ballast. The wires that power my hi/low solenoid should power the projector gate nicely to give me a high beam and low beam.

3. will any eBay bixenon projector do? I can get a no name projector with a shroud for ~$30 or i can also get a used cadillac/mini cooper/bmw bixenon projector for about the same price, depending on what is best. A new projector from trs is ~$150, at which point i might as well just get the whole kit for a motorcycle, not just the projector and start over.

Thanks for the help! I plan to get a spare headlight assembly just in case i royally eff mine up trying to get the lens off.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote