Old February 9th, 2015, 11:41 AM   #5
//z
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): ZX11, Ninja 250, DRZ400sm, V65 Sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjunk View Post
ohhhhh woah

that is not good, yeah that is your coolant line and your reserve tank might be full but the entire cooling system is completely, or nearly, empty.

the temp sensor goes into the water so it won't register if you don't have anything in the cooling system.

you can try filling it up with coolant, but chances are pretty good you smoked it, especially if you ran it like that for very long.

the airbox boots can be frustrating, but they aren't impossible. Try boiling them in hot water for a minute to soften them up, then work as quickly as possible to put them both on the carbs, then slide the airbox into place and pop them into the airbox. When you boil them you'll have about 5 minutes to do the job before they go back to being hard again, so work fast but carefully.
I ran it kinda hard before realizing. Not sure if i did permeant damage or not. Wait the groments come off the airbox? I boiled rubber pieces that connect to the head and that worked great. I may pull it apart again today. They seem like they're connected though but theres a slight gap
//z is offline   Reply With Quote