Old August 13th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #32
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Not even close brah, I have given up my own track time to hand gear off my own back to other riders
Right there. People are always willing to help if you've worked something out ahead of time.

You you can cut costs significantly by going with people. Talk ahead of time. Sort out who's bringing what and what you can contribute. That way, if you need to borrow something, say a back protector and suit, it's a lot less of a hassle.

I've been very lucky to be able to schedule my track days so I can go with Chris. My first track day, I needed a suit and back protector!! I was also completely unaware of the need for an ez-up etc. even to tow the bike there, I used my fathers pickup one year, and a friend's trailer the next. First track day, I bought tires, coolant, gloves, boots, and a track ticket. Now I have a suit and I'm trying to get my hands on a used easy up. Baby steps! Just make sure that when you sync your track day with another rider, they aren't inconvenienced.

Side note. I'm not sure a uhaul trailer is a good match for a Fit (that is what you drive, right?) they're not exactly light. there are much lighter options out there that might work better. Of you have a friend with a truck who's going, maybe consider filling their tank for them of they'll transport your bike. Tank of gas costs less than damage from trying to tow too much with a small car.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote