Thread: Key no key HELP
View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2022, 10:35 AM   #12
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
From his post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Helmet lock code didn't work on ignition or gas tank I'll have to return these keys and just buy a new ignition I guess smh was hoping it would work
I assume he just gave locksmith 4-digit Z---- code from helmet lock. With proper software, it would spit out cut-codes for machine. But if he gave locksmith helmet lock and guy tried to reverse-engineer a key for that lock, not so good... Also note that pregen '88-94 uses different key-blank than '95-07 models. Earlier blanks for '88-94 will NOT work on '95-07 bikes. While '95-07 blanks are backwards-compatible and will work for all pregens '88-07. If locksmith asks you if you've got early or late pre-gen, then you know they've got experience with these bikes. If not, look elsewhere.

Find better locksmith, I used Pop-A-Lock Locksmith Bay Area in Oakland and just gave them key-code over phone. Picked up key on way back from work next day (they used proper JMA blank too! picture above). It worked perfectly in my pre-gen's ignition, tank and helmet-lock!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote