View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2022, 10:33 AM   #8479
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

Yup, gotta put the mirror on but I realized the threads in the new fairing stay I got were buggered so I gotta chase those before I install the mirror. I ordered one of those little plastic welder guns to repair the chin spoiler I accidentally chipped up a few months ago, then I'll have all the original plastics in place. I may move my new regulator too, I was never happy with how that got re-oriented. It may get moved up into the battery tray area.
Suspension is a little hard after I installed the .85 springs, so I'll lighten them up a bit. Incidentals though; most of those items can be done while I'm riding and nitpicking on this that or the other.
Oh, and yeah... the bike was in the living room last night. Plenty of room in the garage but Julie was hanging out in the living room and I didn't feel like shutting up in the garage all night. She suggested I roll the 250 in to finish it up and then she wound up helping in the areas that required smaller hands. 10 years ago I rebuilt our old cb550 in the living room and she actually liked it... less time of me wrenching solo and we got to hang out while I rebuilt the bike. So we got to re-live a little of that last night. It's back in the garage now though. We didn't want that petrol smell!