View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2022, 02:10 PM   #22
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I'm thinking about one of those small lithium batteries for my TT250 sense it's battery died about 6 months after we got it...it had absolutely no water in it at all.... I added normal tap water to it and put it on the charger but although it lights up the dash and headlight it's not enough to use the electric starter !
I've been putting on a back rack on that little dirt bike for S&G's using 3 of Harbor freight's bigger plastic cases working on the top box now....
Bob......
Probably the opposite of a dumb charger I could use to restore old batteries, do you think this thing would be useful for electrolysis?

https://i.imgur.com/e6tZ5Sn.jpg

Is it worth $50 if I already have the same brand’s 1.5 amp charger? Looks like it can be used to start a vehicle without a battery so it’ll deliver a lot more amps.

Quote:
When Harbor freight had a big 200 amp charger on sale I grabbed it and that is the one I use for everything now... over my life time I have gone through about 6 or 7 small up to 10 amp chargers... but the best charger I ever has is the Harbor freight charger it goes up to 200 amps for starting a car with a dead battery and it really does that ! it has several settings on it for amperage including 2 amps for motorcycle batteries.... it also has a 60 minute timer on it
and a switch position that you can turn it on to continuously on.... where I use it most of the time...
I've used this charger to bring back several totally dead batteries, disulfate the batteries and bring them back from the dead....
but unfortunately you can't do that with every battery i have found, some just simply will not respond ! I''ve even ran a scanner off the charger while I'm in the shop for Kicks...
it's a real good robust charger...all except the plastic wheels, I had to replace them with wooden wheels decades ago.... I've had this thing for well over 10 years now I guess.... I paid $129.00 for it and I think they still sell it !!!
but they want more for it now..I think it's $169.00 now
.... I highly recommend that charger !it's a goodern ! LOL...
that's all I got.
Bob.....
Don’t think I could justify it but I did see they still had it.

Quote:
Well, every rebuild is frought with setbacks although you seam to have a fair share of someone elses ! LOL persistance and persiverance is the key
Work on it every day and it will be done soon... even if it's only 15 minutes it really does make a big difference !
when I'm doing a big project I try my darndest to complete at least ONE thing every day.... but I'm retired and can do that if your working and trying to make a living that really isn't practical at all ! just walking out there and looking at it every day will help keep up the enthusium for the thing ! that's why I say 15 min a day..... just moving stuff around is better than nothing ! REALLY !
when bad weather sets in do stuff in the shed !
you need to get it out of the weather man !
if Your lucky ( fat chance of that) the gas will just have leaked out onto the ground.... if not perhaps the crank is full of gas drain the oil and leave it open for a day or two to air out. take that tank off and put it on the bench and put some gas in it and find where it is leaking don't do it on the bike because the temptation of hooking up the lines to keep mud-dobbers out of the lines is a real good way to keep from them fowling the carbs .... make your self some short plugs for that a small bolt in a short piece of gas line will do the trick to keep the bugs and dirt out of the line parts ! mud-dobbers were a big problem back on the ranch they filled every 1/4" hole on the property ! and they didn't care if it was on an engine or greasy thing !
I had a leaking petcock I repaired it myself without any parts the seat has a bit of white corrosion on it and on the rubber part....it only leaked like a drip per 20 seconds but it was enough to really mess things up and empty my tank !
sounds like you need to put down some rules buddy like stay the hell out of the shed ! depending on the situation that may or may not work !
but it might be worth a try !
I sincerely wish you a bunch of LUCK ! it's hard enough to work on a Ninja yet alone have outside help too !
Bob..........
Yeah… the mud daubers around here build their own “organ pipe” mud tube nests instead of filling holes. They already had their way with my battery box but I knocked that off years ago:

https://i.imgur.com/y6JWCHv.jpg

I did find some kind of grub in a rubber wellnut but it wasn’t sealed inside. I see the kind you’re talking about when I order junk electronics and find sealed screw holes (old Atari joysticks, Nintendo consoles, etc).

You ever meet one of those people who does the exact opposite of what they should do and when it predictably fails they double-down and keep doing it? That’s my mom… and it’s only gotten worse now that she’s getting older and I’m rarely there to keep her in check.

She’s the kind of person who keeps things indoors that have no business being indoors, displacing what should be there. She has so many sheds and yet they are all full of things that don’t belong there… like a trash can full of scrap wood… another full of cedar chips… multiple trash bags full of literal twigs (bark and all)… all while more important stuff is getting ruined out in the rain. Her solution is to build more sheds until the landlord stopped her years ago (foundation for yet another was done).

I thought the landlord selling the neighborhood after nearly 45 years would force her to deal with it exactly like I’m dealing with my bike there. Unfortunately she’s only doubling-down on all the same bad decisions she’s made over the years… like building on property we don’t own. She’s very stubborn.

Last futzed with by CZroe; August 27th, 2022 at 03:41 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote