View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #36
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
I'm wrapping up Honey Badger's valves right now.
You guys can't be litting them go past 7,500 miles like this.
Honey BAdger's bike is at 13,000 miles without a valve job until now!!!!

His bike practically had NO exhaust valve clearance! There was BARELY anything there!
Too scary!
Do your valves guys!

We figured out if you don't do your valves and you end up with zero clearance what will happen is you will overheat and seize your cams in the journal bearings from constant friction with the valve spring caps.
PLEASE GUYS DO YOUR VALVE JOBS.
That's why I made this video for you. Take your time and do them!
KEvin's engine was a couple weeks from seizure! Not kidding!
Scary considering he does 80-90mph everywhere!

DO NOT BE GOING PAST YOUR VALVE SERVICES. THIS IS NO JOKE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Please take my advice. It would be better to ruin your engine while trying to do your valve job than to drive it around without one and ruin the engine anyways while risking seizure at speed.
I had ONE valve service at about 8,600 miles before we did that one at just under 26,000 miles. I asked before the service if they would record the clearances for me. When I picked it up, they just told me that everything was in spec, which tells me that they didn't change anything and I really went 26,000 miles without a valve job. I seriously hope I didn't screw anything up, but it's been running great since our valve job. I must thank you again.

I've been trying to save the money for getting it done at a dealer since well before I hit 15,000 miles but I just couldn't afford it with other unexpected expenses (tire damage and such) and I couldn't stop riding because I needed it to get to work. They changed my site and I suddenly had to commute several times as far but I still thought that I'd just avoid riding it for pleasure and I'd soon be able to afford it. Instead, I just racked up thousands and thousands of boring freeway miles and annoyed my sister to let me use her car for other errands every now and then.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote