View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:30 PM   #34
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Well, guys, I waited for a good deal on one and finally bought a brand new petcock with "10/2011" on the label (made for 2012 bike?). The seller originally got it from Ron Ayers and never opened the bag or box. Anyway, I was extremely curious to know if it had the defect so I unboxed it and took it apart on camera.

I'm glad I did, because the fuel filter was already broken, which seems to have happened under its own weight while shipping (nothing to protect it in the box). The Teflon-like ring was either revised away by the time this one was made or it's defective in the sense that it's completely missing. Either way, I think it's confirmation that there were problems with the older part. Why would they change something that wasn't a problem?

I haven't checked to see if the part number ever updated but this could be a revision made without Kawasaki's knowledge or input from the fuel tap manufacturer.

Edit: I see I suggested that long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
It may be something Kawasaki and Taiyo Giken have already identified and addressed with later production years using an extra QA check or with steps to prevent bubble formation or whatever causes this, but I do see plenty of 2011/2012 "leaky petcock" threads.
Anyway, does anyone have any idea how to replace the fuel filter piece?

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 2nd, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote