View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #58
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurt88 View Post
I agree that everyone has their own opinions. Mine is that I find them as annoying as those fart mufflers on cars around here. If you want a loud noise when you twist the throttle....news flash.... you bought the wrong bike. Personally, I'd vote for a noise ordinance. I just laugh to myself and think such a douche. Then again, I think the same thing about people who wear fitted baseball caps backwards... ha !

Its just my opinion tho. More power to you if you like it. I have noticed its mostly younger people who are trying to get attention that do those sort of things. As one gets older they tend to appreciate the quieter things in life. I would think loud pipes would scare cagers and make them lose attention and swerve or something.
Why did I buy the wrong bike if I wanted it to be loud? Apparently I didn't if many companies make aftermarket exhausts for the 250's. I think everyone freaks out about loud exhausts. It's never going to change. I bought an aftermarket exhaust and I don't do it for attention. I don't really believe in the "loud pipes save lives", however I do notice people being more conscious on the road of me at times. I bought a slip-on because the picture in my mind of a streetbike wasn't a ninja 250 with the quiet little stock exhaust. I wanted it to be loud or somewhat loud like almost every other streetbike out there. People really need to just mind their own damn business because you sound like a bitter old man right now