View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #11
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
OR, some companies (I don't know which at this point) make racing headlight covers to cover the factory cowl to use instead of tape. You could use that, and it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Magical Racing has one for $60 and it's the best one so far. Either way I think I would still have to mold it onto a stock fairing to get the "made that way look" so I will still need to buy someone's used fairing I have seen quite a few ideas floating around, it's just the lack of the fairing in my hands that is holding up much progress.

So far I like the idea of 07 ish ZX6 headlights. All I would have to do is fill the factory hole in the 250 fairing and cut two holes for the new lights. They have a very sturdy bracket holding the two lights together and it looks fairly easy to build a mount using stand offs.

The more I look at molding a complete ZX6 upper on the more I don't think it would be very conducive to riding. Although I like the laid back windscreen, it might be too low considering the riding position on the 250. Oh well.

If I can't find a decent fairing in the next week or two I'm just going to toss in some projectors and call it a day
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote