View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #155
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
My experience with the passenger seat tells me that if you insert them fully they will not come back out. Basically, Kawi didn't install them right. I lost BOTH of them on my seat within a week of owning the bike. There was adhesive around them that was clearly meant to secure them as a secondary measure. When the dealer replaced them under warranty I twisted and twisted until cone pieces snapped fully into the holes on the passenger seat. Then, I drove 12,000 miles, using the helmet hooks under the seat up to several times a day and never had a problem since. I didn't even add more adhesive. It was pretty hard to get them all the way in. It even seems like it's impossible to fit them but I assure you that it is. The rubber cone pieces just seem too fat to fit and the stem seems like it compresses too easily to force it. IIRC, I just smashed it down HARD and repeatedly twisted.
Same here. Lost one seat foot almost immediately because I didn't really look at it until I noticed it was loose. When I got the replacement I sat down and leaned/twisted on 'em til the cones popped in. No issues in the last 7,000mi.

Last futzed with by Momaru; March 28th, 2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: lost the rubber feet for the seat, not the grommet
Momaru is offline   Reply With Quote