Thread: Engine Rebuild
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM   #27
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Thumbs up

I'm still confused as to why my new crankcase has yellow markings on the bearings. The new case's balancer bearings are brown; that I can understand. I know it doesn't matter as long as it measures within tolerance but I'd like to find out anyways. The service manual only lists brown, blue, and black markings.

I'm stuck right now. I put plastigage (green type fyi) in and am putting the bolts back in but the manual seems to have the wrong sizing for the bolts! The bolts for the top of the crankcase are all right but for the bottom I am pretty certain they are listed wrong.

I am on page 8-8 of the service manual. It shows a diagram where 7 bolts are supposedly M8 x 72mm. The bolts I bagged contain 2 of that size, but 7 M8 x 90mm. This has got to be a mistake because I dropped the 72mm bolts into the oil filter tunnel (where the diagram shows) and the bolts spin freely not catching any threads.

My Haynes service manual doesn't have a tightening sequence or blowout diagram.... A little frustrated at this.

Edit: Ok now I see that it is a typo and numbers 1 and 3 at the bottom of page 8-8 should be swapped. I'll forgive them this once. If you have your manual printed I would make the changes now.
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng is offline   Reply With Quote