Old March 21st, 2016, 03:24 PM   #7
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerRy View Post
The yoshimura is so much lighter than stock which is the main reason I bought it, that and it should make better power, but idk until I dyno it. The Yosh mounts on the rear brake master cylinder which is weird, but it kept the exhaust out if the way when cornering which is a huge plus. And it sounds amazing, loud but amazing.

So far I have 38 pilots, 2.75 turns out on the mixture screws, dj114 mains (~120) and Dynoget needles 4 from the bottom 3 from the top. The jetting seems nice, I am not positive on the main yet, but I only went around the block, and I focused on the mixture screws. There is a dead spot between the pilots and mixtirescrews I'm not sure if its lean or rich, pilots or mixturescrews, but playing around in the garage I got it to act like it had slight hanging idle which makes me think lean, but it wasn't very noticeable. What do you guys with 2:1s on a pregen run?
Anything more than 3 turns out on a mix screw means you need a bigger pilot. You are very close to that.....

If you have not done so, tune the pilot circuit using the idle-drop method on the mixture screws.

Pilots and mixture screws are the same circuit...there is no transition between the two, therefor there cannot be a dead spot between the two. However, there can be a dead spot between the pilot circuit and the needle or needle jet.

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote