View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2017, 04:09 PM   #50
SlowNsteady
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
I would think it should start as long as the carbs have been properly cleaned/rebuilt. Funny you mention the airbox. When I bought my 2001 project it wasn't missing but the only thing that was there was the box itself. I went to the salvage yard and pulled an airbox that was more complete. Obviously I still needed a new filter. Yeah, the kid that had the bike before me was riding it with no filter. I really wanted to call him and ask him if he's dumb or just doesn't care. I even had to buy the strap for $17 which is a small but very important part of the air box. Make sure you have everything as I am sure you will. As far as a filter I ended up with two UNI filter's, Around $18. They're really good filters. Sometimes it makes you want to pull your hair out wondering how these bikes get so bare and naked, part-wise. They just fall into the wrong hands on occasion, and piece by piece things start to disappear off these bikes. Keep truckin' my friend. When she's done you'll love her all the more.
Thanks I appreciate your optimism! I'm worried what has been F*d up while the bike was sitting or even prior to it being torn down. The left side frame slider that was installed had rash damage from a low side. The cheap ass slider used the the side of the engine as support for the crash pin.

Also you nailed it with weird pieces missing... The fairings are eBay quality knock offs and black in color while the gas tank is red. The battery strap and top battery tray lid, one gas tank mount grommet, numerous bolts/fasteners, windscreen, seats, undertail pieces, etc etc were missing among others. Some very random parts that I'm not sure why they'd even be missing. Kind of frustrating and has led to many small orders for OEM parts.

The PO provided a DynoJet jetting kit which had a few parts missing. He "forgot" if anything had been changed with the carb but I can only hope the carbs were properly jetted and that's why the parts are missing from the jet kit.

The Area P exhaust is brand new and doesn't appear to have been ran on the bike yet as the inside of the muffle is free of any carbon build up or other signs of use. I hope he jetted the carbs when the exhaust was installed in anticipation of running the bike.
SlowNsteady is offline   Reply With Quote