View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #11
GHill762
ninjette.org member

Name: Garrett

Motorcycle(s): ZX-3R (ok, ex300)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
perhaps you have chosen an incorrectly fitting helmet.

is it comfortable having things hit your face? bugs, cigarettes, foliage, rocks, trash? unless you are driving under 15mph, or hiding behind a touring windshield, all of this is a regular occurrence. also the wind noise above 35 is much louder than it seems and does real damage to your hearing if you don't wear earplugs. but you are right, when sitting still in an office chair, it is more comfortable to not wear a helmet. but don't you think that it is comforting to have the peace of mind of knowing when things like rocks or birds or the ground try to hit you in the head, you have a nice, big, comfortable helmet on?
very little hits you or your face unless you're on a particularly dirty/debris-filled road.. where do y'all ride that you're constantly being hit with debris?

my helmet is great - it's really comfortable for a helmet, but so is the freedom to go without.. I'm not advocating helmetlessness, I'm just saying that not having something on your head is always going to be more comfortable than having something on your head.
GHill762 is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.