View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #9
BRad704
Big Dreams, Small Wallet

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (Sold), 93 VFR750F (In Pieces)

Quote:
Originally Posted by office View Post
If you are used to nicer stuff from Dainese or Alpinestars, you might be disappointed. But for someone riding in jeans or cheap textile pants, they are a huge step up. I wouldn't make a sweeping generalization about Bilt-branded gear, since its just a label to rebrand 3rd party gear. Take a look at these yourself and decide if they work for you.

I had a pair of the BiLT waterproof gloves. They were downright awful (the liner made it impossible to easily remove them and they were almost impossible to get back on if your hands were sweaty) and they went back the next week.

For me, zippers are usually the biggest weak point (they can render a good jacket or a good sleeping bag useless). As with my Frank Thomas jacket, the zippers on the Trackstar pants are YKK (high quality).
Good to know about the YKK on those Bilt pants. My current gear is a random mix of Bilt, Icon and Teknic. So I'm not really to the point of being a high-end only guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
@BRad704, if you're looking to move up from the budget brands by getting better gear without breaking the bank, check out Speed and Strength. Very good bang for the buck, and the quality is good.
The mesh jacket I got for my gf is an S&S and she really likes it.