View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:50 AM   #32
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikRox View Post
I cruise at about 10 000 rpm around 120kph (highway) i never drive my bike for "milage". stock gearing, but it seems from this conversation (and from other sources) the benefit of running premium with no ethenol is the "no ethenol" lol i dont want it in my bike its causes me all sorts of greif from gummy carbs to watery fuel (from the pump!) neither of those things make me smile. however in my instance the reason for using premium is that apparrently non ethenol in my locale is only available in 91 (from what i read).

when i use petrocans 10% ethenol blend, if i let the gas settle in my tank my carbs suck the water from the tank and it doesnt like to go through the bowls. it just *seems* like i am getting two things i dont want from a pump, one being corn fuel and two being water. I just want some bloody gasoline lol... its not that much to ask for. Tired of pulling pannels, draining carbs, cleaning carbs, and dumping gasoline.

id rather deal with the miniscule timing issue thats virtually unnoticable to me from running higher octane then fight with the fuel system. higher octane may take more to burn but water doesnt burn at all.
Ah, for the good old days when you drank the corn fuel and bathed in the water. Hey, I wonder if premium fuel on this side of the pond has reduced alcohol content? I'm gonna E-mail Mobil and see if I can find out.

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote