View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:48 PM   #11
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Name: JR

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Thanks for the reply, I do have all those tools. So I'll be waiting for your diy
I just going to do a ebay search on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
I'm using eBay projectors that seem to be identical to the morimoto d2s projectors. Just do a search for "mini d2s" and it should come up. I can post the eBay link for the seller later. The projectors themselves have a chrome base but not for the lenses. You need shrouds if you want a nice oem look. The only ones that seem to fit are the "D8" shrouds. eBay search for d8 shrouds should pull them up. The carbon fiber is the 3M dinoc vinyl. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I bought two small sheets instead of one large roll to keep costs down. I used 3m window weld for sealant and some spray adhesive to reapply the exterior foam strips. I used 3/8" abs sheets for the mounting plate and black PVC sheet for the shroud plate. I'll go into a lot more detail when I find the time to write up the diy. I also used a jigsaw, a 3.25" Bosch hole saw, a dremel, a thread tap, drill, and various screw drivers. If ur goin to do this, it requires everything I just listed and then some. I'm considering selling the mounting plates and shroud plates to people who want to save money if they don't have a jigsaw. I did try using the stock reflector as a mounting surface but the lenses stick out too far and doesnt allow the lexan to seat back into the housing. I can't see any other way to do this without making your own mounting plate.
wellcraft is offline   Reply With Quote