View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #54
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

the tail section could have a tank moulded within it, or be extended beyond stock dimensions, etc.

the point is water/meth is simple, cheap, and compact for the most part, making it ideal for charge cooling in this application.

a belt driven supercharger is usually a cheap and simple alternative to turbocharging, however not for this application. There are few superchargers if any that I know of that are mass lroduced enough to be within a normal persons budget. Also superchargers lacl the efficiency of a proper turbo setup, and god knows that with a 250cc powerplant, losing energy making the energy to move the bike is a horroble idea.

all in all its likely not a cost effective endeavor for most. Were I so inclined, and giving myself free labor as I tend to, I could find a way to make it happen cheaply... but then again I don't want a fast bike. I am buying a 250r for what it is, not what it isn't. I already have fohr wheeled vehicles that I am literally afraid of at times from their power delivery and output... my 250r goals are very different, and modest, and I just want 35whp, give or take 1whp, and it should be the bike I want that no one offers from the factory for me.

Glad to contribute to anyone needing help with sorting out turbo bits or brainstorming though. Definitely think water/meth is the key to a carb'd 250 turbo though if you want cheap reliable setup.
Mulholland is offline   Reply With Quote