Old April 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #62
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland View Post
I already stated that my goals are only 35ish hp and I dont need forced induction for that.

Anyone expecting 70+whp from a system on a 250cc engine is not understanding what is and is not possible within the realm of "cheap" or "diy builds"... also anyone questioning the logic of it misses the point. There is no logic to it, its just to do it, if someone does it. At least in places where more powerful, viable, reliable options exist and are readily available and cost less than modding a 250r.

I honestly see no point for a us ninja 250r to ever see boost. My understanding is the malasian or indonesian or whatever turbo bike is that way because they dobt have the ability to get liter bikes or something to that effect.

But anything can be done with money and know how... but we won't be seeing boosted 250r's spitting out 75whp on setups that cost under a grand ever.
I understand. And you are correct . My logic is purly to set land speed records. There is no way anything can be done for less than a grand. I expect to spend 10 grand between the engine and the system . 75 hp will be a realistic goal. I hope to get a little more but I am not going to speculate on power output. Bonniville is at 5000 feet and the race is held iinAugust. So boost and methanol will be a must to compete with two stroke engines.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote