View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #68
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I am sorry I missed the original 1000 dollar budget statement. I will just say IT CANT BE DONE . You can prove me wrong and I will be the first to congratulate you. But from my experience you can not run any real boost on cast pistons. The top of the piston crown will not hold its shape .that is not something you can get around . having pistons made cost about 800 dollars fore 4 pistons.

I have adjustable cam sprockets .I did a LOT of experimenting .if the cylinder pressure drops below 100 psi the engine will not start. with 62mm bore and 41 mm stroke the 250 ninja has a lot of trouble keeping a turbo spinning .even with 9 to 1 pistons there is still difficulty getting 20 psi boost.

I can not weld aluminum I contacted someone that can and that was the price I got .1500 dollars and 3 month lead time .I would not be embarrassed by anything . I encourage you to do you best . My 250 ninja has gone 121mph Shifteey went 122 a month later and I am proud of him BECAUSE he spent less money than me and went faster.

I still do not see a reason to "idle" at 8k. I leave the line at 9000 and shift at 12000 and need to push the engine to 13000 rpm with a 16/42 gear set . Yes this is uncharted territory we are in . There are not many 250 ninja turbos . But there are plenty of turbo motorcycles . I deal with people that have 250 mph motorcycles.They have years of experience so I tend to take there advice and then do my own thing.

and Yes time spent thinking is not time waisted . I try to spent as much time thinking and listening and studying as I can. I live in a world of reality and I am very involved with making my 250 Ninja the fastest 250 Ninja on earth . I cant do that alone so asking questions and listening to people is the only way I can achieve my goal. I appreciated you input with this . We have to go outside the box on this for sure.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote