Old September 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #12
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
I just want some user related and maybe some facts type info on helmets..

I've heard many things and most seem true, but this forum I trust the most

-Is there really any benefit to getting a shoei or arai versus something like an HJC or Fulmer for around 100-200$?
Besides brand name...=p
The best source for helmet information is Web Bike World. Everything you need to know is there, except which helmet shape best fits your head. After reading up on Web Bike World, start trying on helmets.

I personally believe that the extra cost on Arai or Shoei is worth paying, and supports responsible safety testing and thoughtful design, as well as components that last well. I'm done buying cheap gear and replacing it 2 or 3 times before the good stuff would have worn out. When you think of it that way, it isn't always cheaper to buy the less expensive option. I'm also willing to pay extra for the cost of a good safety program, the cost of ECE or Snell certification, detailed research, etc. That said, I also own an HJC I got for $125, and have liked the helmet, with trust in HJC quality despite the fact that it wore very quickly.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote