View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #20
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Once rated for DOT use (legally) any helmet is going to protect your head. The extra dollars are for: graphics, quality of secondary materials, comfort, and aerodynamics.

I have a number of helmets ranging from free (AFX sent to me from revzilla by accident ) to SS1000 (150 ish?) And I had a Shoei back in the day (still saving up for an X12 BB). The main difference IS confort and windnoise, as well as parts that can be replaced and fitted.

I would stick to the normal quality offerings from reputable sources like Bell, HJC, Suomy, Arai, Shoei, Speed&Strength, Scorpion, Fullmer, AGV...blah blah blah. You can shop anywhere from the sub $100 to the $800+ range with those brands. I think someone mentioned closeouts...do it. Buy two or three so you can rotate them. That's what I do so they all last a little longer since I use them every single day.

Anything not legit from ebay or the local flea market isn't worth it.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote