wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
what have i learned from crashing...

* avoid other people
* it isn't over yet
* never give up
* don't let mistakes be an excuse for more mistakes. try to do correct things 100% of the time even if you have made mistakes.
* just because you are scared doesn't mean the bike is (ie- the bikes performance specs stay the same... temporary things are temporary. continuing to do correct things will usually work out)
* if the choice is between guaranteed failure and maybe failure, take the maybe. you might be surprised. if the maybe involves a cliff, it's not a maybe.
* if you're on the track and the choice is between running off and doing something you think wont work, don't be scared to run off. i have run into the dirt topped out in 5th and although my jimmies didn't like it, i kept it up fine and was able to rejoin. but seriously you're on the track so if you're going at a reasonable pace, go for it. crashing on track isn't that bad. but don't go for crazy passes. nobody likes that asshole.
* when you run off track... straight up and down. throttle just barely cracked open so it doesn't have much engine brake. you can ease into brakes or turning once you are firmly on the new terrain.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.