View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2021, 01:55 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

To answer your question how fast does the battery get charged.... the answer is not very fast at all.... it's more than likely the battery is bad ....
i've gotten used to buying a new battery every year in my years for the motorcycle, some last longer than others but if the battery is over a year old
it's chances are it is starting to fail...
my bike has been sitting for a month and I can go out there and start it with no problem... ( new battery this spring) but if they set for 3 month at a time they will be pretty much dead when you try to start it. I don't winterize my bike I put in fuel stabilizer and start it and run it for 10 minutes every month and that works for me.
and I have trickle chargers but I don't use them too often... only when I have the bike apart .
Look for something draining the battery... put a switch on it and remember to turn it off when leaving the bike set.
....MOST accessories will drain the battery but they don't tell you that
they think the drain is so low it won't matter.... but it does, because these little batteries have very little "recovery" on a big 12v Car battery it doesn't matter but on a small motorcycle battery it certainly does ! ( one small light on will do what your complaining about! )
your USB charger may well be causing the problem ! put a switch on it and you'll be fine !
my 2 cents !
Bob.........