View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2021, 02:27 AM   #25
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Danno if you want hard data you are going to have to build yourself a system and test it because no one that I know has ever done any data collection on Hydroxy gas....
Hydroxy gas is extremely explosive as it is ... but it will still ignite at a 14:1 fuel to air ratio... any leaner than that and it falls off very dramatically
by 16:1 it will not explode
.... I filled a small balloon once and hit it with a propane torch and the blast was so big it almost knocked me down and it was about a quart of gas !
Hydroxy gas expands a huge amount when ignited right on par with a well tuned fuel air mixture 160 times comes to mind but I can't remember exactly
vaporized fuel is another fun one ! I've made several vapor systems for that truck trying to get 400 MPG but I never got anywhere near that best I got was 80 MPG in a ford Pinto.... on one trip into Reno, nv from Vinton Ca.
but the throttle was hand and foot controlled and staggering was ever present....it just was not refined enough to be viable at the time.
the way I figure it, with a Hydroxy system , if your fuel to air ratio is 14:1 normally running gasoline and you add 5% Hydroxy gas( which is alot) that means you can cut your gas down by that same amount and still have 14:1 on ignition
and it won't be too lean...ratios and percentages are beyond me at the moment but that means you could cut the input of gasoline to a very very lean amount..... that means saving at the gas pump !and extremely good MPG.
I'll see if I can find some pictures and post them in another thread for S&G's
Bob.....