View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM   #14
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Right but even if you could properly torque the stem nut, It's still an item that must go by feel. It may require further adjustment from torque.

Like I said I can never get it right the first time. It's always too loose or too tight.
Too loose is usually harder to feel. Too tight becomes awkward to steer. You'll know when it's too tight right away.

The trick of letting the steering fall to either side in the stands to check the tension does not work for me. You could still have it too loose without knowing it.

Also the torque settings may change with wear over time? Probably not but who knows.

To be honest I'd like it most with the proper tool, then nothing should have to be removed to complete the adjustment. Would make things quick and easy.

You guys keep reminding me I need to fix Adrians'.

It's too tight. I figured it would losen up just a hair and it never did. Most of the time they do but I guess it takes a long while. This is probably the hardest adjustment to get right on the motorcycle.

By the time I get to his bike again I may end up owing him my cups and bearings that I have on the side sitting here new. I don't understand how he rides it like that but he just does. I guess it doesn't bug him but it would me.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote