Thread: My Project
View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2014, 10:13 PM   #125
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

Now for the project i was working on in the earlier posts. I got some progress and just waiting one one thing to come in tomorrow that my friend is lending me again (used on my rear race fairing), a pencil saw, to shave off what the previous owner broke (the brackets where i would have screwed in the front cowl on top of the headlight, in my previous post where i started working on it you will see a pic of it broken off (post #120) ). So once i shave that piece off i will install these new aluminium brackets to attach the piece i made.

As you can see from the previous post (post #120), i already cut the front cowl, all i needed to do was get the windshield (and windshield bolts) in and cut it and paint the fairing piece i made. Once i did that i attached them together and bought the bracket. So all that's left is to just trim what left of the stick bracket on top of the headlight that he broke off and screw the new aluminum ones i attached to my custom piece i made into the headlight with 2 self tapping screws. I did the with my vapor speedometer mount and it is super secure and never shakes (with the self tapping screws)

I slipped it on the bike to get an idea of how it would look, and i like it so far. This is the prototype and hopefully ill get it on tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0615.jpg (58.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0619.jpg (64.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0622.jpg (45.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1414097712477.jpg (59.3 KB, 2 views)