View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2021, 09:52 PM   #1
SuspectPage3
ninjette.org member

Name: Chinmay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250R

08Ninja250R - Start up issue :mad:

Hi Riders,

I got myself a 08 Ninja 250R (used) with 18500kms on it. The bike ran fine for a week or such and now all of a sudden it's dying off on me. I could really use some help here please!!!!! (Disclaimer: I do not have much understanding of the bike, carbs, engine etc, but I am happy to get my hands dirty & try to fix as much I can)

So the bikes running fine and I am riding along to work and I could feel the bike is struggling to stay on, (I am not expert, but feels like it's running out of gas). So I opened the throttle and after a few seconds it was back to normal. I stopped at traffic light and then as soon as I put into 1st and opened the throttle, the bike stalled. After a few starts, it picked up.

Later at night, I put the key in, choke on, fire the bike and it started in one go, but after waiting about 30sec or such, I am ready to go and as soon as I open the throttle, the bike stalls. So I kept trying to start and rev it up, and then it stalls. If I leave it running on idle, then the bike stays on forever, no issue. I tried to choke it and then fire up and leave it running for a bit and then choke off and somehow managed to get it to rev and start riding. But still the bike feels like dying off randomly when riding. I thought may be the fuel is low (although had plenty of fuel in tank), so I fueled up and it ran okay for a bit and all of sudden feels like it's about to stall again. I'd rev it - rev it and then it's running again.

I am not sure what the problem is, I just want to reach home from work and then I can afford for it to die on me. I will be happy to pull it apart and look into the issue if someone can point me in right direction.

Thanks in advance!!!
SuspectPage3 is offline   Reply With Quote