View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:15 AM   #52
Ginganinja
pregens for the win!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250, 07 yamaha r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSRacer07 View Post
Thing I used was an old socket that i cut open on one side so i can put the retainers on. Pretty much like the item you pictured above. The valve springs are not that strong. I just used one hand to compress and the other to put the retainers on. If you got a socket that can fit over the top of the spring top and dont like it, cut it open on one or two sides and yay got a way to compress the valve and install

You can just get any valve compressor tool, most will work. Just make sure you put the head on something soft so when you compress the valve it doesnt hit anything hard to bend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I don't think the valve compressors with the little hooks work that well. You need to get the kind that looks like a C-clamp. Or you could just use a C-Clamp with an O2 sensor socket. Both are available at Harbor Freight. The O2 sensor socket has a cut in the side that you can get the keepers in through. If you use a C-clamp, you need a big one to clear both the socket and the head. I would guess that would be about 8-10".

Here is what the official Kawasaki Valve tool looks like:

Thanks for the input on that guys. I picked up a C clamp type valve spring compressor for $24, i figured it's a tool worth owning.
Ginganinja is offline   Reply With Quote