View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #35
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn99Kawi View Post
I can understand both sides of the arguement.. on one hand.. 1K miles and 2 months of riding might not be sufficient experience to handle a ZX6R... BUT.. on the other hand... riding ability and talent is so subjective.. there are people that have ridding 5K miles and quite frankly can't ride.. or at least they don't know how to get out of dangerous situations and deal with concentrating, avoiding distractions etc.. and then someone with 1K miles might be ready just based on experiences outside of motorcycles..

I learned to ride my bike by hopping on it and riding.. 800 miles later I took the MSF to learn how to ride 'correctly'. Am I a great rider? No.. I'm good but I'm learning to be better.. would I be okay on a ZX6R? Probably.. but then again I don't know if I trust myself with that much throttle cable lol...

If andrew feels that he is ready for the ZX6R after the time he has had on the 250R.. well then best of luck to you bud.. I hope you keep the shiny side up and be as careful as ever. I can't tell you you aren't ready.. and neither can anyone else.. you live with your own decisions and I hope you made the right one (again.. not saying either is right or wrong).

Enjoy and be safe
Just to be clear, I only had the 250 for 2 months and put 1,000 miles on it. However, I started riding in 1983 and my first bike was a 650 which I probably put about 20k miles on. I've also ridden lots of standards and cruisers before.

I just don't want anyone to think that I believe 2 months of riding experience is sufficient to move up to a zx6r. But I agree that it depends on the rider.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote