View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
My price for the Hanger and side piece is right in line with pricing of other hangers. You can always ghetto rig it.
Which is the reason why I haven't bought any other hangers either... price. Yours is worth more than theirs, IMO, so I'm not saying that it isn't worth what you charge-it totally is worth it-I'm just a cheap-skate.

Yours is the only one I know of with the side piece, so it would make sense to sell it seperately. So, how about it? If they only come as a set currently, perhaps you can suggest it to Bram? I dunno... seems like a good idea. I was crafting a PM to you about it but my sister had a few favors to ask of me and I hadn't gotten back to finish it yet. Anyway, in addition to selling seperately, I was going to ask if you could suggest that Sportisi offer one with a built-in helmet lock to go with their body kit, GP cowl, and other accessories that sacrifice the functional helmet hooks. Heck, these are actually better than the original hooks (thief only has to break your OEM cowl or pry off your seat).

I doubt it would cost too much... considering that CycleGear is WAY overpriced on everything and yet they have similar helmet locks for $25. Even that Helmet Guardian I mentioned before is $50 for essentially two of them at the only place I can even find it for sale. Just like the 10mm spools are $30 at Cycle Gear and $5 at Harbor Freight, I think he can add $8 to $15 to the costto turn it into a $100 product.

I don't think $8 is a bad estimate. I mean, I'd be willing to bet that these similar ones from China are dirt cheap. Considering that your kit is already worth more for being the only one with a cover for the opposite side, it could be worth EVEN more with something functional machined onto that plate. Heck, then selling that plate/cover lock thing for the non-exhaust side all alone could make more money off of the sale of other exhaust hangers from competitors (just like I imagine it can do even without the hanger).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote