View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2018, 10:15 AM   #5
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
The guy didn't even show up in time for the rider's meeting. Plus he'd put in at least 10 laps before this happened, so he knew the bags were there and could have decided not to continue at any time.
I worry about this. Most organizations state up front that you must attend the rider meeting. Most will also let experienced riders on if they show up late or want to do a half-day. But by not adhering to their own safety policy, I'm thinking a decent lawyer could make that into negligence on the part of the track day provider. I realize it's extra work, but I'm thinking a lunch safety briefing might be a good idea - and don't let late arrivals on track without attending, period. Half hour late? Tough ****, ride after lunch.

That or do like a lot of car track days and have a licensing process whereby you are acknowledged as someone who knows their safety procedures and has a basic skillset. Obviously ride-alongs aren't practical for motorcycles, but maybe require a session with a marshal observing you and safety test to get out of C group (racing license could allow this to be waived).

I'd actually really like to see the second regardless. On a 300, I'll never get into A group, and I'm heartily annoyed with some of the straight-line heroes I have to deal with in Bs who clearly don't belong there, but "I ride a Ducati and have pristine Dainese leathers, so I can't be amongst the common rabble." Can't wait for the OMRRA/OPRT days with a LW session!