View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2019, 01:02 PM   #1
NinjaBraap
NinjaBraap

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 636, 2016 Yamaha R3 (Street/Track), 2019 Ninja 400 Project Racebike

Wiring questions, Aftermarket cluster help.

Hey Ninjette!

Wired up a universal aftermarket digital cluster on my 04 250, it works just fine but can't retain settings due to the fact it needs a power connection after shutoff. It's set up for bikes that use digital clusters normally, so usually there's a wire already present at the normal connections.

The only wire I could locate and confirm has power constantly is the White wire running from the Start Relay Main Fuse (30A) to the Ignition Switch (pictured below). However, it has a lot of juice running, and is a larger gauge wire so I'm afraid of burning up my cluster and/or battery by running off of that wire. Tried to locate another wire, thought maybe the fan wire, but couldn't locate the fan on the Diagram, only this Electrical Accessory Leach with a White/Blue (+) and Yellow/Black (-).

Everything else is wired up just fine and working, I just need to find a good wire to retain power after shutdown so my setting are stored. I'd much rather not run a wire directly off the battery if at all possible.

Anyone know of a good wire to run off of or if it'd be fine to run off the White wire from the Ignition Switch?

I've also attached a image of the cluster wiring that shows the terminal for this. It's the one in the center that says "battery 12V+".

NinjaBraap is offline   Reply With Quote