View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2019, 07:54 PM   #96
GreasedLissik
ninjette.org member

Name: silentlyloud

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja eX250

Good evening everyone, I need help and bad, after going through 3 motor rebuilds I’ve just decided to buy a new/used block. I had gone through 3 motors by knowing that I have had shavings in each block so far. So with then newer block I have installed it but I have also had issues, this is the list for that I build for this motor:
1) 300 with carbs and my main jets are now 115, with the ex250 stator and alt.
2) deleted the CA emissions; caped red line in gas tank, check valve on the middle and drain/bleeder on the right/blue line ( I feel this is kind of redundant because even if I have the tank off I still get flow if I suffocate the carbs intake)
3) K&N intake
4)spark plugs are gapped at .028 in. (Stock 300 gap)
5) I soldiered the plugs in for the 300 to the stock 250 harness
6) after market cooling fan installed the ex250 radiator
7) I’m running and exhaust that has NO, O2 bung so that’s a hit a miss on how much fuel is going in and out that I know of.
8) these carbs have gone through an ultrasonic cleaner and a air compressor well above 110 psi

That’s everything I can think of, I’ve put 180 miles on since this 300 was installed the 2007 ex250. I started off with the stock jet that came with the carbs but I worked it up to the 115.
I went for 20 mile cruse and the motor cut off so I pulled in a gas station. I had another rider come up to me while I was sitting next to my bike watching the bus stop, and he helped me out and Taught me to take a wet towel of gasoline and put it on the air filter that I had(luckily I had tools in my back pack). So it took a few attempts at the starter and it started, And this is when I had the low power input.
So I took it home nice and slow due to no power(one cylinder) and when I got to my drive way it died. I checked gap and adjusted if needed, checked spark on each coil, and the coil on the statorside/engineer side of the bike was bad so I changed it. The bike last sounded like it wanted to start once but I haven’t been able to get it going again.

It turns over, battery is charged from a trickle charger, new gas, I’ve tried jumping it with another battery and still nothing, I’ve tried to drop the clutch, nothing. All I want for ChriStmas is to have one thing go right. I work 7days aweek and I don’t want to put it in the shop for 90$ an hr but that’s what it might resort to.

I’m sorry if I’ve been a d**f**
GreasedLissik is offline   Reply With Quote