View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #13
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Aw no... Well, when the claims adjuster comes out, make sure you point out all the damage so they can cut you as big a check as possible. Do you have a pre-gen or a newer 250? Just be careful because sometimes the pre-gen front fairing, at $640 in most insurance adjusters' eyes, can total the bike... If it's a new OEM fairing, mirror, windscreen, lever, turn signal, and now something with the brake, that can add up. If I were you I would add up the cost of all the OEM parts (which you can find roughly on www.bikebandit.com) and look at the KBB value of your motorcycle and see what % of that value do the OEM parts cost. I don't want to scare you but I lowsided and my fairing, mirror, brake pedal, exhaust, turn signal, front fender, and bar end came out to a 73% loss and in my state 75% totals it.

If you're worried, tell them that the mirror or windscreen or turn signal was pre-existing damage, and it will lessen the chance of your bike being totaled.

Good luck, let us know what happens. Usually insurance people try very hard to make you happy, so if you're not, push them around a little bit lol. Hope your leg feels better soon!
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote